Dan and Debbie Spear, local residential builders, purchased the property in the summer of 2000. In his spare time, Dan has restored a few small antique buildings that he relocated to the property as well as moved one large 1812 plantation home from Como, North Carolina. With Dan's passion for restoring antique structures and Debbie's love of entertaining, they conceived the idea of offering these beautiful historic homes as lodging to tourists and other guests. Their daughter, Jennifer LaRock, moved back from San Diego in 2008 in order to coordinate the start-up and integration of special events. Stevenson Ridge saw its first guests in December 2009 and first wedding April 2010. The primary event facility, The Lodge, completed construction in May 2011. Only two years into operations, Stevenson Ridge has grown to be one of the premier wedding and event destinations in the Fredericksburg area.
Stevenson Ridge gained its name from Brigadier General Thomas Greeley Stevenson who was killed May 10, 1864 while commanding a division of soldiers who fought in the Battle of Spotsylvania Court House.
Here are some articles that have been written about Stevenson Ridge